Phone Business hours - Mon-Fri.9-5 EST ONLY - Contact via
Centipede Grass Plugs Features
Centipede Grass Lawn Plugs from Seedland.com grow an attractive, dense lawn with an attractive medium to dark green color. Please see
important grass plug shipping information below.
Grass Plugs Ship as 36 @ 3" X 3" Plugs
Centipede Grass is a Low Maintenance Lawn
- Our plugs are bigger and better than the competition's
- Plugs are pre-cut in individual containers with developed root system
- Centipede Grass resists disease and insects
- Low, slow growing grass that forms a dense turf that will choke out weeds over time - requires less mowing
- Centipede is a creeping grass that grows with above ground runners or stolons
- Grows in full sun and moderate shade (tolerates shade better than Bermuda grass/less than zoysia grass)
- Centipede grows best in zones 8 - 9 with soil type being an important determining factor - It will grow in additional Southern USA areas but may not do as well according to soil types
- Centipede grows best in areas of less fertile, slightly acidic soils
- Complex root system makes centipede drought resistant
Buy 10 or more grass plugs orders and receive a 10 % discount.
Lawn Plug Planting Guides
Purchase Centipede Grass Plugs online now from Seedland.com.
Centipede Grass Facts
Centipede grass is a popular choice in hot, southern areas.
If you prefer looking at your lawn, more than working on it, Centipede is an
excellent choice due to its very low maintenance requirements. With its slow growth rate, Centipede requires minimal mowing. Plus its complex root system
means Centipede is relatively drought resistant and is aggressive enough to compete with and overtake weeds. These low maintenance requirements make centipede grass a eco-friendly choice for lawns and other areas for grass.
Centipede grass grows well in full sun to moderate shade. It does not
tolerate high traffic, compaction, high-phosphorus soils, high pH, low-potassium soils, excessive thatch, excessive drought, or heavy shade.
Centipede is not suited to alkaline soils (high pH), and should not be limed, and should be fertilized very sparingly if at all. A soil test should be performed before
planting to determine what if any nutrients are required. Centipede grass grows well in the southeastern USA.
Read more about Centipede Grass
at our informational site http://www.centipedegrass.com
ORDERS SHIP ON MONDAYS!
YOUR ORDER MUST BE PLACED
BY 10:00 AM EST ON FRIDAY...
FOR THE ORDER TO SHIP THE FOLLOWING MONDAY*
*Subject to any ship delay caused by
adverse weather (rain just prior to shipment)
Orders placed after 10 AM Friday will be scheduled for shipment on the
next cycle (2nd Monday).
Important - Shipping Restrictions:
Due to state agricultural regulations on soils, we can not
ship our Grass Plugs to the following states:
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, & Wyoming.
Due to shipping time constraints we do not ship any plugs outside USA mainland States.
(IE: Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Alaska, US Islands). There are no
restrictions on seeds shipped to these states.
Shipment Dates: Our grass plugs ship
seasonally* every Monday for all orders placed the previous week.
Orders must be placed by 10 am EST on Friday in order to ship the
following week. Occasionally shipments may be delayed due to weather issues (heavy rains result in plugs too wet to ship). Since we ship orders ASAP once they are placed, please
order only if you are ready to plant.
*Note: Seedland only ships Grass Plugs during the spring months of February, March, April,
and May. Some varieties may also ship in September and October - Call for
availability. We do not ship during summer months as the heat during
transit can damage the plugs.
a beautiful tomorrow!®